Sunday, June 24, 2007

ONE HUNDRED

Didn't know if I would stick with it. Was it worth the effort? Doing a daily photo blog can suck up your time like a Hoover on a filthy carpet. (Well, some minor cutting of corners here, posting references to the blog of a colleague when she posted my pix of her city.) I put off work. I opened Photoshop instead of books. Went out with my camera every weekend, seeking fuel for this hungry machine. Never posted a photo without slaving away over a hot laptop, compulsively editing the images. Learned a hell of a lot about the town where I've lived for 40 years, lost old habits of perception, made friends again with a city I had seen only hazily.

I'm not sure how long I can keep this going, but it's become a bit of an obsession. Doing this makes me a better photographer. My thanks to those of you who have posted comments. Special thanks to Karine of Buenos Aires for posting some of my pictures of that marvelous city on her blog and Chicago's U "R" Us (atsa my boy) for cross-posting when we needed to cover one another. This will keep going as long as I can squeeze in the time. Now, down to the river, and not to shoot waterfowl.

TOMORROW: Life on the Mississippi.

11 comments:

TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I'm also just behind you as well! Greetings from Torun DP!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! Happy 100th!

Dsole said...

Congratulations for your first hundred!! And what a great shot for celebrate! I really like it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob :)
Happy 100th posting! This is a big achievement. It is a time consuming job for sure, and becomes little by little an addiction. I'm wondering myself until when I'll do this.. I have no idea. We'll see. And thanks for mentioning BA Daily in your comment today. Your pictures are great and I'll keep posting others next week. I've never thanked you for the Gardel's tomb picture you sent me on May 26th, therefore thank you so much for this beautiful shot of yours. Happy 100th, and please keep posting ok? ;)

Gerald (SK14) said...

100 posts, that's the first milestone completed -- well done

iBlowfish said...

Hi Bob,
Congratulation for your 100th post. I agree with you about this daily photo rather time consuming. But when I look to all your pictures. I know that you were enjoying to shoot them. Some people love your photo just didn't how to comment on it. I felt that way too sometimes. BTW, I am just person who love taking street picture. I do have regular job too from 9 to 5. Anyway, congrats and keep them coming.

Marc said...

Hey, congratulations on the big 100 from Hamburg, Germany!

R&R said...

As they say here, "gefeliciteerd" from Wassenaar! Hope you keep going, you have a great eye and your descriptions always make for good reading. StL should pay you for showing the interesting sides of the city!

Olivier said...

felicitation et bravo. je te souhaite une bonne continuité


congratulation and cheer. I wish you a good continuity

Waldo Oiseau said...

Congratulations on your 100th Post!

Ming the Merciless said...

Happy Belated 100th Post.