Sunday, March 15, 2009

Portraits of St. Louis Artists - Thomas Shepherd

.
Thomas Shepherd, a photographer, has the unique position of having been featured on this blog twice. I first met him last summer, during St. Louis' annual artists open studio weekend. He has his own space at Soulard Art Market and that's where I photographed him both times. Click here for the post about him on July 27, 2008.

Shepherd always seems to have a puckish quality when I meet him and his work is full of appropriate wonder. Check out a selection of his work
here. Doesn't he look cool in the tuxedo?


WHEN IS THE NEXT FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME?
Now. Soulard Art Market did a little feature about me and this series on the gallery blog.
Click here.


TOMORROW:
St. Louis artists' portraits continues as Christy Jones mixes her media.


6 comments:

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

That's awesome! What a glowing review! Not that it's undeserved.

Lovely portraits in this series too.

Victor said...

Congrats on the feature!

Virginia said...

I like em both but the bottom on is extra fab. Love the light. The portrait behind him....it had me scrambling for my reading glasses. I enlarged and it still looks out of whack/blurry. Help me out here.

Now I"m off to read your review. How great is that!! See, you cannot quit while you're ahead!
V

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I suspect well deserved too.

Juergen Kuehn said...

A very impressive series of portraits from artist of your native city.

Anonymous said...

Tom Shepherd please contact me! That is if you remember when I created the death of the unicorn painting. I remember being on the phine with you when I drowned it in the bath tub. ha ha Happy to see yoou still do what you love. send me a e-mail at cornerstonelandscapes@yahoo.com
or go to cornerstonelandscapes@yahoo.org what ever just find me