Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Wisdom

.
Happy St. Patrick's Day. Many countries may find this a curious holiday but it's a big deal in this part of the Irish diaspora (which includes me). At least in the US, it has a strong association with alcohol consumption. Well, on my visits to Ireland I haven't met many who would turn away a wee nip. (By the way, when in Dublin, stop by Crowe's Pub in Ballsbridge and say hi to the owner, David Crowe, for me.) Now, where's the Guiness?

This is one of a zillion pictures I took around St. Louis' parade. More in coming days.


WHAT ST. LOUIS IS DRINKING TODAY: green Budweiser. WHAT I'LL BE DRINKING THIS WEEKEND, ON THE ROAD AGAIN: a Sazerac.

TOMORROW: the current portraits of St. Louis artists series ends with Scott Beatty, submariner and sculptor.

11 comments:

Olivier said...

bonne st-patrick ;o) a Évry, on ne la souhaite malheureusement pas

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

I had to google Sazerac. Presume that means NO then?

Love the dude's exression here. He is the embodiment of that banner.

Miranda McAfee said...

I'll skip the green bud and drink Guinness with you.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Virginia said...

Ah yes, "Beer, not just for breakfast anymore!"
THis one made me laugh out loud this morning. The personification of St. Paddy's Day for sure!
V

Virginia said...

So are you headed to NOLA?? It's not THAT far from B'ham you know.

cieldequimper said...

Absolutely excellent! Happy Saint Patrick's day!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Oh dear, what a quote! LOL
I look forward to your next pics of the big day!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Bob, last Thursday's Arch was out of this world. I'm still smiling from looking at it. I can't believe what you manage to come up with.
JUST BRILLIANT !

Diederick Wijmans said...

That's a great one!!

Pat said...

Love the expression on this chap!

Victor said...

I love this. Copyright or no, I suspect this must be all over the internet by now. It's just too good.

I can't think of anything more disgusting than green Budweiser. Guiness on the other hand is the Nectar of the Gods.