Saturday, March 16, 2024

SPRINGTIME CARPET

Not a lot blooming in our botanical garden yet - it's still officially winter - but since real winter is becoming just a memory there are early signs of spring. I'm no horticulturalist; my native ground covering was cement and asphalt so I can't identify the violet ground covering here. Still, with the hard shadow of a tree not yet in leaf, the pattern got my attention.       

Our huge St. Patrick's Day parade is today. Granddaughter Ellie is marching so I'll be there with my camera as long as my back holds out.

2 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I took only my second Spring flower photo yesterday. Of two white crocuses, and I did that in protest of the weather forecast that promises snow this evening. I like your Spring scene a lot.

RedPat said...

That is gorgeous, Bob. Our St Patrick's Day parade is tomorrow.