Sunday, October 9, 2022

ARTICA 2022

Artica, The Lou's wacky, almost anything goes festival of performing and visual arts, is back with us this weekend. The opening Saturday always has a parade for everyone (there are few spectators except the photographers) at exactly 1:11 PM. The reasons for that are lost in the mists of time. Here, the inimitable Audrey Simes, seen at so many interesting local events, struts out as drum major.

I told her I can never guess what fabulous costume I will see her in next. She said this was something she, oh, just threw together that morning.           

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A great smile.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Excellent, bright , colorful photograph. Hasn't she got a great smile!

I guess I must be getting old, at 68, I am not liking nick naming St. Louis "The Lou" too much like we are calling it "The Loo", even though I know we are not British here, I prefer living in the suburbs of St. Louis instead of the suburbs of "The Loo"--pee-ew. Just something to consider.