Wednesday, December 1, 2021

CITY DAILY PHOTO DECEMBER THEME DAY - THE FUTURE

People who seriously try to predict the future are almost always wrong. That being said, I don't see much reason for optimism. The scale of risk is greater and greater, and humanity isn't getting a lot nicer. This photo has two layers but is not a composite. The top is a crystal ball I keep on my desk designed by one of my favorite artists, Jenny Holzer. The words are engraved on the bottom. Beneath it is a Chinese ten yuan note with its image of Mao. Read it as you will.    

See what's in the crystal balls of City Daily Photo members from around the world at https://citydailyphoto.org/category/theme-days/ .       

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I share your pessimism.

Stefan Jansson said...

That's the spirit!

RedPat said...

The future certainly isn't bright and cheerful. Hopefully it becomes so.