Saturday, August 14, 2021

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - I'M RELATED TO ALL THESE PEOPLE, SORT OF


This is far from my usual kind of post but it has its charms (plus I still don't have new material). The reason for the trip to Kansas was the bi-annual get together of my wife's extended family. They are descended from Jürgen Kruse, who emigrated from Bremerhaven, Germany (where there is a superb museum of German emigration, https://www.dah-bremerhaven.de/en), and earned his U.S. citizenship by serving in the Union army during the Civil War. This is Mrs. C's branch; there are others. She is in there, as are my daughter and granddaughter.

 

Years from now, if someone looks at this family's records (if there is someone to look at them), my presence may be unnoticed. As the family photographer, I'm always on the other side of the lens.

                    

2 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A big family. Great that you meet up every now and then.

William Kendall said...

We have family reunions, but what with covid it has not been possible.