Saturday, August 21, 2021

FRINGE KICKOFF

The 10th St. Lou Fringe Festival got started Thursday with a couple of productions. There are ten shows spread over four days, much fewer than normal, non-Covid years. Everyone is cautious and the performances have well-spaced seats in open-sided tents.

Things got started with violinist Amy Greenhaigh and St. Louis theater veteran Joe Hanrahan in My Violin My Voice. Hanrahan narrates a history of the instrument, describing how they are made, famous performers and stories involving the instrument. Greenhaigh's playing was exquisite. The show is repeated today, Saturday, at 4:30 and I strongly recommend it.                 



3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I like her focus here.

William Kendall said...

I would enjoy that.

Elsie said...

Thank you so much! So glad to see you and your partner Fringing!