Tuesday, August 17, 2021

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT'S DONE

I am not a graceful person. No athletic ability whatever and a shaky sense of balance, particularly with years of off-and-on spine problems. Geez, I need a railing to go up and down stairs and couldn't do a yoga pose on one foot to save my life.

Swimming isn't allowed in the Grand Basin in Forest Park but they have paddle boats, kayaks and paddle boards like these. It's a mystery to me how people stay upright and dry. I even have a friend in New Orleans who putts around the bayous on one while dodging the alligators. There aren't any alligators in St. Louis (check back in a few decades) but I'd rather walk the perimeter than float the center.            

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

It looks like a fun way to get around, in Stockholm they are very popular, we sometimes refer to the city as the Venice of the North, because of all the water.

William Kendall said...

They have them here on one of the rivers.

biebkriebels said...

Yes I see them here too and a I agree with you, a miracle to balance on those boards. Not for me!