Saturday, May 29, 2021

NEW TOY

I've squeezed all I can out of the pictures from the City Museum and need to go out trolling for new material this holiday weekend. Monday is Memorial Day. Ellie, my 7 year old granddaughter, asked her mother to explain what it was about. After hearing her response Ellie said "oh, it's like veterinarian's day."

So anyway, new toy. I had one of my old camera bodies converted to an infrared sensor. It now sees colors that our eyes cannot. Exposure and focus are a little different. Anything that contains chlorophyll reflects IR like crazy so many plants look white. Then there are tricks you can play with the visible results in Photoshop. This is a first effort. The company that does the conversion, Lifepixel, offers 30 minutes of instruction, which I will do on Friday.                                 

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Never tried that. But I have one or two flickr contacts that are in to this.

Barbara Rogers said...

Very cool...in fact I thought I was seeing snow!

William Kendall said...

That is fascinating!