Saturday, January 16, 2021

HOW MIGHT HAVE THINGS BEEN DIFFERENT?


People who have so much idle time that they are regular viewers know I did not grow up here. I was born in Manhattan, raised in Queens and went to high school in the Bronx. As graduation approached, I didn't know where I wanted to go or what I wanted to do. I just wanted out. My high school was run by Jesuits, they steered us to Jesuit colleges and this was the one farthest away from home that let me in. 

What would have happened if I stayed in New York? No way to tell but things have worked out pretty well here. Some time when the weather is better I'll walk around campus with my camera. The place has come up in the world since I was there but, IMHO, it has the absolutely worst, most banal collection of outdoor sculpture I've ever seen. Something for future posts.        

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad to know how you landed in SL. But you tease us with all these promises of "things to come." Sigh. I had graduated I believe, from another private school in SL when you arrived. But we might have walked the same streets, had coffee and listened to similar music in coffee houses...etc.

Sharon said...

I don't recall that sign. That must be new too.