Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Night On The L


Most but not all of Chicago's train system is above ground on steel structures running above the streets. Some of it is underground but people generally call the whole thing the L, for elevated.

People can get worn out by big city life and may drift off on their journey homeward. Some may stay alert, hunched up against a chilly evening like son Andy.

I apologize for leaving no comments for so long. Work is leaving me very little spare time. There is a particular reason that doesn't bear repeating. It will continue for a while longer, then ease off. Haven't forgotten you and your work.           



6 comments:

s.c said...

Nice shots.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Excelentes fotografias.
Um abraço e óptima Quarta-Feira.
http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

Luis Gomez said...

Great shots Bob. I like very much the one with your son and the city as a backdrop.

William Kendall said...

I've seen commuters with that same catnap exhaustion sort of expression while in transit. Excellent portraits!

Sharon said...

Great candid shots but, I love that last one on the platform. I loved using the L when I was working there. Since the line that goes to O'Hare had a stop in the basement of the building I was working in, on Fridays I just had to go to the basement, hop on the train and ride to the airport for my weekend flight home. It worked perfectly.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Very nice portraits. Black and white is perfect for that. And Sharon is right, the shot of the platform complements them perfectly. It's like getting the making of, the context.