Monday, January 19, 2015

Coffee With Chicory

New Orleans 2015-01-18 2

Hi y'all from Nawlins, Louisiana. I actually have work to do the next couple of days but Mrs. C and I walked and walked yesterday afternoon. I took somewhere between a lot and way too many pictures. Overwhelming, fabulous dinner at Galatoire's last night. Quick post, to bed, and up to work today.

This is the renowned (to the tourists, anyway) Cafe du Monde, where they serve beignets, puffy fried pastries coated in powdered sugar, with coffee flavored with chicory. It's a great local tradition, although I'll take my Italian roast, please.

Much more to come.
   
New Orleans 2015-01-18 1

11 comments:

Jilly said...

Love that first photo, Bob. I too don't care for coffee with chicory but the place looks as if it's jumping.

Gunn said...

I really like the focal point you have used in the first image.

Very nice!

Stefan Jansson said...

Wait for me!

s.c said...

Great first shot. I agree with you about the chicory. Brrr.

Luis Gomez said...

New Orleans is such a great city to photograph at anytime.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Coffee WITH chicory ? I remember when we lived in the middle of Africa, It was a choice coffee OR chicory when coffee wasn't available :)

William Kendall said...

I wouldn't mind sampling one of those pastries.

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice shots -- looking forward to more,

Norma said...

Not a coffee drinker, but the pastries sound wonderful!

Nathalie H.D. said...

I love that top photo- the coffee shop has such an "only in America" feel to it!

Jack said...

Excellent portrait of that young man!