Monday, December 29, 2014

New York Cuisine

New York City 2014-12-27 2

The street food carts used to advertise kosher products, not halal, but I guess that reflects who's running this business these days. Are Sabrett franks and Hebrew National kosher hot dogs around any more? Yes, I see a small Sabrett sign in the third photo. And you can still get a knish if you need one.

These are shots of the line of food vendors on Fifth Avenue in front of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It's a bit of a clash with the high culture inside.                           

New York City 2014-12-27 18

New York City 2014-12-27 11

New York City 2014-12-27 20

7 comments:

Dagwood Arnell said...

Don't forget to visit Russ and Daughters down on Houston St--now there's some good Jewish eats!

Luis Gomez said...

Hot dogs are always good!

Sharon said...

I don't remember there being so many vendors outside the museum the last time I was there.

William Kendall said...

It occurs to me that those big pretzels never turn up at food carts here.

Pat said...

I love those stands. NY isn't NY for me without eating a hot dog from one.

Dagwood Arnell said...

God god, don't y'all have hot dogs & pretzel in St Louis?? Eat some real NYC food, for chrissake, not all that junk-tourist-street-food.

Stefan Jansson said...

I could eat a hot dog now. But we just call them varmkorvar in Sweden.