Monday, December 14, 2015

Madeleine Monday

Madeleine Christmas Pageant 2015-12-13 1

Last night was the children's Christmas pageant at St. John's Episcopal Church, where Madeleine and her parents, Emily and Brian, are members. The little kids got to play lambs. Emily was a shepherd but could not possibly have had a big enough crook. Ms. M was reasonably cooperative. There was a payoff at the end. 

This was a color correction nightmare for a photographer, with a mix of flash, fluorescent and incandescent lamps, along with front and back lighting. I'm not real happy with the results but probably no one cares but me.           
Madeleine Christmas Pageant 2015-12-13 3
Madeleine Christmas Pageant 2015-12-13 4

7 comments:

s.c said...

Lovely lamb. I don't see the color lightning problems here. Great job.

Luis Gomez said...

Sweet!

Jack said...

She is a doll. I was in a post-Christmas "Boar's Head" festival for a decade, originally as the front part of the pair carrying the boar's head and later as king. (The parts were given by who fit into the costumes, and I am a rather tall guy.)

I know what you mean about lighting challenges. I am just about to give up on trying to photograph night scenes of moving objects. A lot of effort and rotten results.

William Kendall said...

Absolutely adorable!

Pat said...

What a sweet little thing. I fully understand your frustration with the light, but like you say, no one cares but you!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Cutest little lamb ever! I see her reward was a candy cane :) She's so pretty Bob.

Gunn said...

Cute :)