Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Twilight Zone

.
Citygarden Twilight 2012-12-16 1

The best time to shoot outdoor light decorations is the half-hour right after sunset. I was working Sunday afternoon and, of course, sunset is very early now, so I walked over to Citygarden to see what I could find. The holiday displays are inventive.

This is Bernar Venet's mathematical abstraction 2 Arcs X 4, 230.5 Degree Arc X 5 showing some unexpected charm. The view is southeast toward 8th and Market, with a couple of office buildings and the two towers of the Hilton Hotel in the background.

We'll do some more of this but it's the Thursday Arch Series tomorrow. And now for something completely different.  

8 comments:

Olivier said...

tres bon la vidéo des Monthy Pyton ;))
On dirait une aire d'atterrissage pour vaisseaux spatiaux :)) belle photo

cieldequimper said...

Thanks for the laugh!

So now you have Bernar Venet?

I meant to thank you for the tip about photographing light decorations. My problem is that I don't seem to manage to be in Versailles half an hour after sunset...

s.c said...

Some extra light works always well in a picture. Like it and also the angle of the shot. Good composition.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I agree with you about getting photos with just a touch of light still in the sky.

William Kendall said...

Good shot!

I'll have to keep that tip in mind for photographing at dusk...

Norma said...

It reminds me of Stargate!

Stefan Jansson said...

Different.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Thanks for the tip Bob, I must remember that and experiment soon. I love this shot you've taken here.