Friday, December 28, 2012

A Town So Nice They Had To Name It Twice

.
NYC 2012-12-27 1

New York, New York, my home town. I love it. Not that I'm sorry I live in St. Louis these days but there's no place like it on earth. (Right, Olivier?)

Carolyn and I drove in with our nephew, Michael, yesterday afternoon. We went to someplace I've wanted to see for years, a temple of sorts, the International Center for Photography at 43rd Street and 6th Avenue. Ironically, you can't take photographs inside. Then up 5th Avenue to Rockefeller Center, back west to 7th Avenue and through Times Square. The top picture was taken on 42nd Street just west of 7th Avenue. We all agreed the phrase "sea of humanity" was coined to describe midtown during the week after Christmas.

NYC 2012-12-27 3

7 comments:

Olivier said...

je suis tout a fait d'accord avec toi Bob, c'est LA VILLE.
J'ai jamais visite ce musée, je le note pour un prochain voyage et merci pour la video je me suis retrouve dans la folie de Times-Square ;))

Stefan Jansson said...

No place like it I guess.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

A town so nice they had to name it twice? That might have applied when New York was a town. Magnificent, monumental, unique, invigorating, stimulating, educational, artistic are just some of the adjectives that come to mind when thinking of New York. Nice is not one of them.

Birdman said...

That place is on my 'to see' list. Worth the visit?

William Kendall said...

Now I'm hearing Ol' Blue Eyes singing in my head. A very pleasant voice for that...

I haven't been to NYC yet...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks good when you pull this shot in closer Bob. My son and his wife really loved NY, in fact Dave said if his next promotion is NY he'd be thrilled...me, not so much !!

Kim said...

Super shots! My temple would be over at B&H (which was closed when I was there in May, drat!).
-Kim