Sunday, November 28, 2010

STL DPB In Marysville, Kansas

Vacant House

Marysville, Kansas, is a town of about 3,300 people. Not so big, but it has the only WalMart for many miles around. My wife went to high school here. It is about 14 miles / 23 km from the farm where she grew up and 16 miles / 26 km to Hanover, where her mother lives today. Marysville has the closest motels so we always stay here.

I had a bit of free time late yesterday so I went out shooting in the hour before sunset in the town center. These are some examples. There is a growing set of pictures from this trip to Kansas on Flickr here.

Marysville Water Tank

Feldkamp's Furniture

Dollar General


Olivier said...

on dirait une serie sur la crise. j'aime beaucoup la premiere en b&w

Virginia said...

I'll admit that I visit the local Dollar General from time to time. Nice shots. Love the top one.

rio said...

Hello! St Louis! I will be back!

Birdman said...

Well, I guess some people are STILL in Kansas after all.

T. Becque said...

Wow you actually made Dollar General look good! :) Love the top b&w.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Love the picture of the house. Especially the smaller details.

Alyssa Kracht-Feldkamp said...

Love the shot of Feldkamp's :) We are very proud of the furniture store we run.