Sunday, August 16, 2009

Get Get God

.
Ed Box (or Boxx) is a local graffiti tagger. Some people are unhappy about what he does (see here and here). Like it or not, his stuff is often enigmatic, as in this example. The building is in the semi-barren old industrial area north of the Arch.

NOW, ABOUT THAT PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST: there were several entries. I was a little disappointed, though, because none of them were really photo captions. They were mostly things the man in the picture might be saying. My favorite, although too long to be a caption, is from local artist and friend of the blog Dan Jaboor, who submitted:
Introducing:
The Veginator!
All natural meat substitute
100% biodegradable!
Certified orgasmic!
Enjoy with your favorite salad!
So Dan, you're our winner. Let me know what picture you would like printed and I'll drop it off at Soulard Art Market.

TOMORROW: the World Naked Bike Ride visits St. Louis.

2 comments:

Catherine VandeVelde said...

Love it. Personally, I'm a big fan of graffiti art!

sublimegoddess said...

I love ed boxx!!