Wednesday, August 12, 2009

STL DPB Photo Caption Contest

.
This picture is, uh, so ripe with possibilities. It is someone selling locally grown produce at last weekend's Tomatofest. I don't know how to characterize it - you can imagine so many different meanings. So, I have declared it the subject of a photo caption contest. Submit your entry by comment to this post of by email to me (link to my email in my profile - click the photo of me on the left) not later than when my Saturday post goes up, +/- 11:00 GMT on 15 August 2009. The lucky winner will receive a print of the photo of their choice (autographed, if you like) from STL DPB or my Flickr site.

THE FINE PRINT: enter as often as you like. I don't care. Winner will be selected by a panel of biased judges, viz., me. Employees of St. Louis Daily Photo, its agents, lackeys and immediate members of the publisher's family may not enter the contest unless their idea is too clever to pass up. Winner will be announced in this blog's post of Sunday, 16 August, 2009. All taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner, except I'll mail the print anywhere in the world. And, as they say in Chicago, vote early and often.

TOMORROW: Thursday Arch Series.

7 comments:

Jilly said...

This is too funny! Great idea to hold a caption competition. The guy is dressed right too. I'll be back to see the responses. he looks so proud of his courgette - or zucchini as I think it's called in America and Italy.

I thought of a caption and decided it was too corny. If I get inspiration, I'll come back...

cieldequimper said...

Ummm, I couldn't possibly voice my first idea... ;-) Right now, the only thing that springs to mind is in French so I need to work on it.

PJ said...

I'm going to steal a line from my pal Ilex and say, "Mamma mia! What a trombetta!"

http://homesteadinginacondo.blogspot.com/2009/08/mamma-mia-cio-che-un-trombetta.html

That's all I got.

PJ said...

And I'll let you guess which one gets the moniker.

jml said...

It's true...Soulard guys grow them bigger!

cieldequimper said...

I'm going for "me and my magic wand".

cieldequimper said...

Lol, make that "me and my versatile magic wand"!!