Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Surveillance

.
I go out on a scavenger hunt for blog material most weekends. Some of my favorite haunts are the industrial barrens just north and south of the Arch. This is the end of a section of the Mississippi floodwall near the foot of Chouteau Avenue. There is a long stretch where graffiti is permitted - it's been featured on the blog before. This bit has several layers of work added over time. The astronaut has been there for a couple of years. The eyes are new.

TOMORROW: Thursday Arch Series

7 comments:

Olivier said...

cela fait penser a des peintures de la période surréaliste en France

Jilly said...

Those eyes make a very arresting image and a great photo, Bob.

Virginia said...

I saw this on your FLickr "thing" today and wondered about it. I'm needing some help navigating FLickr from you. WHy is it so hard for me?? Grrrr ANyway I think this is a hoot. Love the color too.
PS I think I saw that astronaut in Paris.

Meri said...

This is delightful. Glad you posted it -- and glad graffiti is permitted there.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog today and so glad I did. I really enjoy looking at your photos. I love to see things going on in a city. I live in the sticks with cows and miss living in a city. I appreciate the notes/info on each photo as well.

Anonymous said...

Eyes courtesy of our very own Peat Wollaeger.

http://www.stensoul.com/

peachgirl said...

i love this guy's burner.he leaves eye's where ever he tags.the message....somebody's watching you:-)