Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Faerie Hug

.
Still another photo of the faeries at the Renaissance Faire. (I guess it's natural for faeries to hang out at faires, for orthographic reasons if nothing else). I posted this for a couple of purposes. It's sort of a sweet, tender image. It also illustrates Bob's Photography Conservation System. Sometimes I get a shot with decent composition but I don't like how the color looks. Thanks to the magic of the Black and White Adjustment Layer tool in Photoshop, those pictures often look good converted to monochrome. This is an example. Digital photography must be holy because it forgives many sins.

Lately it seems like this has turned into a portrait photography blog. Well, back to inanimate objects tomorrow with the Thursday Arch Series. Someting new on the scene!


There is a new Arch photo
today on GATEWAY.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

retour en arrière, cela fait penser aux années hippies..j'aime bien cette douceur du b&w sur cette photo
step backwards, it makes think in years of hippies I like well this softness of b&w on this photograph

Jilly said...

This has been a superb series of portraits, Bob, but this is my favourite. I suppose because it's not posed, a moment in time, a hug, a feeling. Love it. Also like very much the B and W. Your words made very interesting reading - thanks. I've yet to discover Photoshop but it's on the cards and soon.

Virginia said...

Well I love Bob's Potrait Blog. Keep em coming. You do them so well, why stop???
V

PS If the Digital gods weren't forgiving, I'd be out of business!

cieldequimper said...

Ah so sweet and tender. Funny about the spelling bit. I'd have to say it's fairies and fairs for me!

PJ said...

I tried to answer this earlier but Blogger ate my comment.

This is a wonderful portrait, and I confess to using monochrome to absolve myself of a multitude of sins. As an aside, do you ever take a saturated color photo knowing that you're going to convert it to B&W?

PS Online it's ((((hug)))). I'm just sayin'...

roentare said...

This one is so filled with passion and love. Truely gorgeous!

M. Givens said...

I love the effect that BnW photos bring. Such tenderness is shown here. Friends forever kind of feeling. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.