Friday, April 24, 2009

Hard Times

.
A bar on the edge of downtown with a strong sense of propriety. Don't you 24 year olds be trying to come in here wearing a basketball jersey and your baggy pants falling off your behinds. And none of that wack crack stuff, either. They call - is it 3-0 or 5-0? - as soon as someone figures out what it means. I got no idea. In any event, it's the perfect place for people of a certain age to relax after they've lost their jobs and homes.

TOMORROW: addiction.


There is a new Arch photo today on GATEWAY.
About time.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm afraid that "no sagging" rule might make me ineligible. :-)

Anonymous said...

The 5-0 would be the police...as in Hawaii 5-0.

cieldequimper said...

LOL, I just love your caption!!! Mr Crowe, I have a special post for you today in Versailles... ;-) Have a great weekend!

Virginia said...

What kind of a joint is that that don't allow no sagging and no tanks for the men? Harummpphh. And I'm with Sharon. I'd be thrown out by the bouncer for sagging in a all the wrong places!
V

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Good slice o life here. I wonder does this place close down or rebrand in boom times? Probably in a part of the hood that boom times don't come to anyway.

Life said...

yep 5.0 as in st. louis' finest. i love the signs (you should submit to passiveagressivenotes.com)

Victor said...

I especially like the bit about "no sagging"