Sunday, June 20, 2021

THE SEEN AND THE UNSEEN

The only time I've ever been to Greece we visited an Orthodox church. If I remember correctly, there was a screen or wall across the area that Catholics call the sanctuary. There were things present and things that happened both in front and behind, a religious metaphor for the spiritual seen and unseen. I thought it was very poetic.

Infrared photography is kind of like that. The shapes, sizes and perspective are what we know in everyday life.  However, the light itself is something we literally can't see but is absolutely there. I don't know how the camera records it as something our eyes can perceive but it's real. Makes me feel a little like an Orthodox priest.                       

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Dream like comes to mind.