Tuesday, November 26, 2019

WHO PUT THE LOU IN THE LOU


It can be hard to find material at this time of year. I rarely have an opportunity to shoot during the work week. Few outdoor events and I can get my fill of outlandish Christmas decorations quickly. Sometimes I circle around to old haunts to check if there is anything new to see.

So back to The Apotheosis of St. Louis, the grand equestrian statue of King Louis IX of France that stands in front of the art museum and looks down over Forest Park. It's all about the light here. I've shot it many times before but like Siddhartha and the river, you never look at the same sky twice.

The nicest thing happened to me after I shot this picture. A middle aged man walked up to me and said, "Are you Bob?" "Hi," I replied. "yes, I'm Bob Crowe." "I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog," he went on. "I look at it almost every day and it gives me a lot of pleasure." "Wow, thank you," I said. "I'm delighted you enjoy it. And what's your name?" "Jim," he said with a little smile, and then was off on his way.

Sigh.             

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice of Jim to say hello like that.

Sharon said...

Isn't that nice to run into a reader. I've had that happen once before and it is a bit of a thrill.

William Kendall said...

Very good of him to do so! I've had the odd occasion where I've run into someone who's seen the blog.

I tend to go for museums this time of year- a museum can give you three weeks of material for the blog.