Friday, November 1, 2019

SO DO I


Breathes there the man, with soul so dead,
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!
                              - Claptrap by Sir Walter Scott


I love this place. It's just happenstance that I don't live here any more (not that I'm sorry about where I ended up). There are other big cities with high energy (Los Angeles, Tokyo) but none of them has the muscle, the scale, the sense of enormous possibility that New York has. If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.

Olivier and I shot the NYC Halloween parade last night. Haven't seen so many people in such a confined area since, um, maybe Woodstock. Everyone was friendly and just out for a good time. There are so many more pictures. I fly home today and have to go straight to work but I certainly won't stay away from this place too long.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

It is a city in a league of its own.