Sunday, November 10, 2019

VETERANS DAY


Back home. I got enough material on Saturday to last for some time. Our official Veterans Day is tomorrow but there is always a parade on the Saturday before the date. As usual, there were many more people marching than watching from the sidewalk. Some vets couldn't walk as a result of their service.

A couple of veterans asked me if I were one of them. I am not. In 1969, the US had a draft lottery for men of my age. Birth dates were drawn in random order. I drew a high number and, being a junior in college at that time, continued my education.

            

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Fitting for the occasion, Bob.

Leif Hagen said...

Nice Veteran's Day photo! Thanks for their service!
Cheers from Eagan Daily Photo

Ray said...

Last year's Veteran's day went really well. The Flag were kept half mast in several places. The military marched in different roads to honor and thank all the military personnel who served for the United States. Also, the photos came out real good. Thanks for sharing those photos with us.