Sunday, October 14, 2018

Artica Once Again


Our rather wacky alternative art festival, Artica, is back this weekend. I shot a lot of it on Saturday. Bill Kranz of the black and day-glo troupe The Celestial Theater is always in attendance. The whole experience is hard to describe. More pictures to follow will help explain.

The weekend always ends with the immolation of Our Lady Of Artica, seen below, sort of Burning-Man-On-Mississippi. I'm usually there to shoot it (see here) but I'm back in the bleeping hospital again.  

I sort of worked my way to exhaustion yesterday. I shot at Artica the whole afternoon, walking rough terrain as my back arthritis got worse and worse. Just toughed it out with a few breaks. But then I promised someone I'd shoot an improv festival in the evening. More of the same. Came home exhausted, fell asleep with my clothes on, got up at 1 AM to undress and brush my teeth and I was in a fib, like last April - very rapid, irregular heartbeat. So back to the emergency room. The shocker gadget didn't get me back in normal rhythm this time so I was admitted. Been on an IV all day to slow the pulse and lower pressure. It's doing that but the beat is still irregular. (*&%&!

No other symptoms. They will probably let me go by Monday afternoon or evening. They better. I got a plane to catch Tuesday morning.


       

2 comments:

RedPat said...

So many people I know have A fib and I wonder if your exhaustion has brought it on! Relax all day tomorrow!!!

William Kendall said...

Yikes on the hospital. Take it easy for a week or so.

Fascinating pics.