Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Censorship


Our hotel room in Clare had a hot tub. Read the first and third lines of the directions carefully.

I'm no expert on education but literacy in this country gets worse and worse. Mrs. C and I are deputies of the Language Police and this sort of thing make us crazy. The worst and most common problem is using an apostrophe to form a plural, like "two apple's for a dollar."  You see it everywhere and it's not just the US. It is as common in the UK and Canada.     

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I totally agree (even though I'm sure I've slipped up a time or two in my haste). I can't believe they actually had this printed up and laminated this way.

Kevin J Bowman said...

If this were a gym in LA we might call filling the water one inch above the censors a good start for improving the quality of the content being produced.

William Kendall said...

I got a laugh out of Kevin's comment. A few less censors in the world would do us all some good.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no! I hope you two don't shake your heads when you read my posts 😀

UplayOnline said...

we might call filling the water one inch above the censors a good start for improving the quality of the content being produced.


แคมฟรอก