Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cricket

Festival of Nations 2015 1

Everything I know about cricket I learned from Monty Python. I've see people fooling around with cricket bats and balls in Forest Park and watched it on TV in the UK. I sort of get the general idea but have to ask myself why? Sure, there are people who feel the same way about baseball (one of whom lives in Birmingham) but, as best I can tell, baseball has so many more nuances and complexities. To each their own. As we can see above, even Harry Potter plays cricket.

These are the first photos from our big Festival of Nations that took place in Tower Grove Park a week ago. Members of a cricket team let people have a wack. St. Louisans from all over the world were there. Mrs. C, old Kathmandu hand that she is, worked the Mitrata Nepal booth one afternoon (see bottom of right sidebar). More to come. 
                        
Festival of Nations 2015 2

Festival of Nations 2015 3

Festival of Nations 2015 4

5 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Treading dangerous waters in Oz if you mock cricket Bob 😁😁

Julie said...

Blimey ... where to start ... "nuances and complexities" ... listen Bob (putting hand on forearm) ... come with me, down to fine-leg ... let me introduce you to the beauty of leg-break spin bowling ...

Luis Gomez said...

I have watched some of it as well but was never capable of follow.

William Kendall said...

There's a cricket pitch here at Rideau Hall that I'll be featuring in a few days. I don't understand it myself.

Stefan Jansson said...

It is an impossible game to totally understand. But I did once read a novel about it.