Monday, July 25, 2011

But I'm not a nature photographer...

.
Dragonflies at MoBot 6

Nature photography is very popular but it's not my cup of tea. Readers of this blog know that I'm more of a street shooter, along with some architecture, unusual landscapes, bad weather and a taste for irony. No amazing hummingbirds or charming old barns in fall foliage. (That's why I stopped going to the competitions and shows of the St. Louis Camera Club. I thought that if I saw one more beautifully made image of a barn I was going to scream.)

But, as someone always says, rules are made to be broken. I was at the Missouri Botanical Garden yesterday to shoot a small event (hey, some puppets later this week!). However, my attention was drawn to the several lily ponds, buzzing with silver and metallic blue dragonflies slurping on the flowers. I couldn't resist. More to come.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est pas non plus ma tasse de thé. Pour une premiere , tu as fait fort avec cette photo et une tres belle profondeur de champs

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That dragonfly really does look like he could be 'slurping' Bob, great macro for someone whose not into 'nature' !!

Carraol said...

I guess the moments are important or not, this one have the importance that you capture an instant of beauty and life! (Sorry for my English)

cieldequimper said...

Getting ready for the gymnastics world championships no doubt.

You're very good at this.

Suzanne said...

Bob,
I think anything at the Missouri Botanical Garden would be photo worthy. Even if it breaks the rules.

Sharon said...

This is right up my alley! Great shot!

glamazini said...

Love this shot!