Monday, August 23, 2010

Arc, Not Arch

.
Arc

Something nice about St. Louis to remember today as we fly to Chicago and then on to Dublin. This is part of Bernar Venet's 2 Arcs X 4, 230.5 Arc X in Citygarden. Benet's work has obvious beauty but the abstract mathematics may be hard to understand.

I'll have a post tomorrow morning if I have time to write one during our layover at O'Hare this afternoon. Something from Dublin shortly thereafter. I got a very nice note and invitation Sunday from one of my readers. He lived in St. Louis for 20 years and has now resided in Dublin for two. He gave us a number of tips about things to see and invited us to meet him for dinner Wednesday night. Needless to say, we accepted.

7 comments:

T. Becque said...

I like this with all the shapes. I hope you will post some pictures of your trip, I would love to see Ireland through your eyes.

Olivier said...

belle composition, tu joues bien avec la spécificité de cette œuvre

cieldequimper said...

I like the person in the middle.

Have a great trip, it's been awhile since I've been to Dublin so I'm looking forward to visiting!

Stefan Jansson said...

My eyes goes to the woman in the background, and then I see the arcs, a fine photo it is.

Birdman said...

The patterned buildings behind are the perfect backdrop... more mathematical concepts.

Virginia said...

Actually I really like this B!

I hope you and C. have a wonderful trip . I can't wait to hear all about it and of course see your fabulous photos. Keep us in the loop!
V

PJ said...

I love good public art and I would give anything to see something this substantial in Pensacola. You two have fun in Dublin.