Friday, March 30, 2007

World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals Are Back

Baseball is back in St. Louis as the World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals open the 2007 season on Sunday night, April 1, against the New York Mets. The Cards vanquished the Mets in 7 games in last year's National League Championship Series. Okay, so we stumbled into the playoffs, nearly blowing our division title on the last day, but it was still exciting. In this picture, Jim Edmonds fouls one off against the Detroit Tigers in Game 3 of the Series. Tigers catcher Pudge Rodriguez is behind the plate.

I'll be at the game Sunday night, with pix sure to follow on this blog.

Sports photography is a blast if your equipment can handle it. If I had their e-mail addresses, I could send the people who do the Buenos Aires daily photo blog some good shots I got at a Boca Juniors - Quilmes match at La Bombonera last November.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Good capture! These action shots are fascinating. Yes, summer is on its way when baseball season starts! the world is crazy about soccer (oos, football here!) but baseball is so American!

Olivier said...

superbe photo, tu as bien pris le mouvement. je prefere le Foot Us, mais je suis pour les New York Mets. On a une equipe à Evry, mais d'un niveau assez bas, faudrait que je passe prendre des photos. Je te souhaite un bon weekend


superb photograph, you took the movement well. I prefer Foot Us, but I am for the New York Mets. There is a team with Evry, but of a rather low level, would be necessary that I come to take photographs. I wish you a good weekend

Dsole said...

great action shot!
I can hear the crowd screaming there!