Sunday, June 28, 2015

St. Louis Fringe: Didgeridoo In The Dark

Digeridoo In The Dark 1

The St. Louis Fringe was on last weekend and this. What with my whirlwind life and pseudo blogging break, I was only able to go yesterday. Caught five performances.

This is Michael Hagmeier, a virtuoso of the didgeridoo. His performance was called Didgeridoo In The Dark and that's just what it was, a forty-five minute improvisation in a black box theater with the lights out. I imagined my self sitting at the foot of Uluru on a moonless night, absorbed in dreamtime.                      

Digeridoo In The Dark 2

5 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Did you enjoy the experience Bob? I think the didgeridoo sounds brilliant when played properly.

Birdman said...

Sounds like another fun thing to do in the dark.

Jack said...

A 45 minute didgeridoo concert? That would have been a most unusual way to spend the time. I might have enjoyed it.

Stefan Jansson said...

That is a lot of didgeridoo music. I have heard it a few times, played by a local artist at a gallery.

William Kendall said...

I've heard it a couple of times, played by buskers.