Sunday, January 5, 2014

Shall We Gather At The River?

Bikers Praying

The water skiers and kayakers were not the only people out for a ride by the chilly Mississippi on New Year's Day. As I approached the levee I saw a group of men in black leather jackets, standing hand-in-hand in a circle around an orange Harley. The patch on the back of most of their jackets said Christian Motorcyclists Association. So, bikers for Jesus? I guess that was the idea.

I immediately thought of the old hymn mentioned in today's title. However, I don't think the Mississippi flows by the throne of God. It does flow by New Orleans, though, which may be sort of the opposite.           

A Row Of Harleys

8 comments:

s.c said...

Nice observation. I like it.

cieldequimper said...

I'm gobsmacked.

Luis Gomez said...

Oh wow! Bikers for Jesus?

Stefan Jansson said...

Each to his own. Nice candid moment.

Birdman said...

Is there a cryptic metaphor buried here somewhere? I'll take the bikes over any watercraft. hahahaha

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Were they praying Bob :) Don't you just love coming across scenes like this!

Gunn said...

Nice documentary.
Well seen and well done.
I will remember this.

William Kendall said...

One can't go wrong with a Harley.