Monday, December 6, 2010

Brad, Servant Of The Lord

.
Brad Lee 4

I was cruising the riverfront late yesterday afternoon looking for images when my eyes were grabbed by a most unusual sight. A man stood on the stage under the Arch and just above the Mississippi, clad in pure white winter clothing, as if wearing arctic camouflage. He was standing in a posture similar to military parade rest, holding a mostly white flag. I had to meet him.

What was his name and why was he there? He said I should call him Brad, Servant of the Lord, and that he was standing there for the Lord Jesus Christ, available to pray with anyone who requested prayer. The Lord had spoken to him and he would be there, under the great monument along the mighty river, on Sundays from 10 to 4 until the Lord told him otherwise. And winter is coming.

He gave me a copy of a letter he had folded into his pocket, telling a touching story of how he came to his faith through the recovery from cancer of someone close to him. Inside the paper was a crisp dollar bill. The note contains the words In God We Trust and they were circled with a pink highlighter. I'll put in in one of the Salvation Army fund-raising kettles that are found in front of all our big stores at this time of year.


Brad Lee 3

Brad Lee 1

24 comments:

Ann said...

What a great little story and of course, pictures. I rarely go down to the Riverfront, so it was nice to find out about something I wouldn't have known about.

Hope he stays warm!

Olivier said...

original pour faire parler de lui, en voyant des photos moi aussi j'ai pense a un explorateur.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

i admire those who are called to a life of spiritual service. Hope it helps.

cieldequimper said...

Right... I'll just move on if you don't mind. I'm sure I can get to the Arch if I walk along a bit...

Pat said...

That's quite story....I wonder how long he really will stand there.

Virginia said...

WEll bless him for wanting to do something good for his fellow man. We need more Brad's in this world.
V

Birdman said...

It takes ALL kinds.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Wow, that is extra wacky. Love the head-on shot.

Anonymous said...

We have been wondering what this man was doing, as we pass him each time we attend a Rams game. God Bless anyone who has the willpower to stand up for what he believes! It's really cold today, and he was there when we arrived and as we left the game today.

Anonymous said...

this is my bro and i tell you what he is the best bro to have he is there for you and my fam what more can you ask in a brother god love him for doing somthing on his own time for pepole in need

KC Photog Blog said...

he makes for terrific photographs. So stark. Nearly brilliant in all his white. Again, nice shots, Bob.

Unknown said...

Brad was there today, coming down the steps of the Arch we thought he was a statue. It was a beautiful sight. Now that I know the story, it is one of those things I will be thinking about for several days.

Anonymous said...

visited the arch on sunday 11/6/11 and noticed "BRAD" still there. Pretty cool actually.

christine said...

Amazing...visited the Arch on Sunday, August 19, 2012 and did not know his purpose at the time. I was curious and googled when I got home. Truely an inspiration.

Gary E said...

Great ministry!!

Anonymous said...

We were there in February of 2014 and he was still out there. A true inspiration

Unknown said...

I saw him Sunday I wanted to talk to him but was a bit afraid to bother him because I wasn't sure what he was doing. Now that I know I will treasure the pics that I took of him and will share his story

Unknown said...

I met Brad yesterday at the go race I volunteer for. Just an amazing uplifting person thank you brad!

Unknown said...

Does anyone know a way I can't be in contact with Brad? We spoke with him a year ago and will be passing through again this year but not on a Sunday and we want to visit with him again!

Follower of Jesus said...

It's 2018 now and he is still standing there,Because I just met him this morning. What a committed soldier in God's army.

Follower of Jesus said...

This is May 2018 and he is still there. I just spoke with him this morning. Great faith in what he has been called to do. Amen and god bless him.

Unknown said...

At the of aug 2019 , Brad was still standing at the Arch . My family and I honestly thought he was a KKK member . I feel horrible now, knowing his story . I wish I would have glanced a little longer to realized what an incredible man he was . I will go back , just to talk with him !

Rick Atchley said...

Today, June 21,2020, I spoke to Brad Servant of the Lord once again. The first time I spoke to him was back in the fall of 2012. He is definitely faithful. I believe he said it has been doing this for 570 weeks. I make a point to look him up when I am in the St. Louis area. I enjoy having conversations with him.

Rick Atchley said...

Well, Brad Servant of the Lord is still there on Sunday between 9 am until 3pm. Spoke to him today, October 2nd, 2022. 689 weeks in a row for him.