Sunday, August 1, 2010

STL DPB On The Road: Hanover, Kansas

.
The little town of Hanover, Kansas, is home to my wife's 91 year old mother. Her brother and sister-in-law live on the old family farm about 8 miles / 13 km away. A new bar and restaurant, Turn 4, had its grand opening last night. The name refers to the last turn on a NASCAR track going into the home stretch. We all went for $3 dinners and $1 draft beer. You can only get 3.2% beer in bars in this state unless it's a private club. Rock on, Kansas.

.

5 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I am glad you explained what turn 4 is. I would not have had a clue. It is wonderful that your wife's mother has lived so long. It must be the physical work on the farm and the clean air in Kansas.

brattcat said...

What was served for the $3 meal?

Birdman said...

After seeing your Coors Light post, I read it fast and thought it was Hangover, Kansas. hahaha!

Virginia said...

How fun. I'd love a $3 dinner and several $1 beers at the Turn 4. I'm with Dave, would have had no clue about the name. Rock On B!!!
V

Oakland Daily Photo said...

3.2 beer just means you get to pop a few more caps across the evening.