Monday, August 24, 2009

Hip Hop, At A Distance

.
This was shot at the same performance in Kiener Plaza as my August 15 post. I was sitting at the top of the little amphitheater facing the stage. The waterfall behind it invites people to splash on the steps, much like the shallow pool in Citygarden in yesterday's post. That's just so nice. Kansas City has way more fountains that St. Louis (or almost anywhere this side of Rome). It's one of the things that makes it a very pleasant place, but you can't play in them. Advantage, St. Louis.

Due to time pressure, brain freeze and, probably, the dog eating my homework, I haven't participated in theme day for a couple of months. The September theme day photo was bagged yesterday, with some help from props obtained at a fast food restaurant. So come have a look a week from tomorrow.

4 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime bien la composition avec les enfants derrières

cieldequimper said...

I really like the background. And now I can't wait for next Tuesday... ;-)

Virginia said...

Well I'm old and opinionated, you knew that, but I am happy to have HIP HOP at a distance. I like the whole water scene however. B, I think you and I are thinking alike on this. Maybe not.

Virginia said...

WHAT???? It's not Sept. 1 yet , is it? Since retirement I"m not sure, but I think I have a while to dig up something for theme day!!