Saturday, May 13, 2023

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - UNDER THE PYRAMID

Louvre Madness Part ...  So, yeah, we went there yesterday because that's one of the things everybody does here, even us after many visits to the city. It's exhausting. It's finally hit us that after decades of travel, now that we are well into our 70s, we are just not up to urban forced marches any more. Despite having bought five day Metro passes, I'm running up a serious Uber bill. Doesn't do a bit of good for street photography.

It may be just because we are older, but Paris seems more difficult. Worse traffic because of laws giving right of way to pedestrians, bicycles and scooters (not that it's a bad idea). More trash. But I'd rather be here than back home.           

2 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I hear Paris is heaven for cyclists these days. My kind of city.

Amy said...

Cool photo, I've never been to Paris. I was born and raised in Auckland which is a big city but I much prefer small town life.