Thursday, May 18, 2023

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - I WOULD PUT A TAX ON HOLIDAY SNAPS

Does anyone else remember that Monty Python line? There were times over the past week when I would have endorsed such legislation. At crowded attractions, like here at the Palace of Versailles, not only are you crushed by bodies but now lots of the people hold their arms, hands and phones in the air, further blocking the view. This is but a small example. Sure, people have the right to take phone pictures and, sure, I've done it myself, but, on a mass scale, it makes the experience even more unpleasant. And that's my occasional rant.            

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I agree with you.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

In Venice, there's a museum that charges a 1Euro fee if you want to take photos. Then you atach a stamp on the back of your phone, so every employee knows you are allowed to.