Tuesday, May 16, 2023

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Six days on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight.

We're beat.  My SI joints are howling like King Looie's hunting hounds. My balance on stairs needs a gyroscope. My leg and back muscles are as wobbly as quelqu'un qui a bu trop de vin. If you look closely, you may be able to see the double-pupiled eyeballs. I can relate to that. We admit it. We're too damn old for this on-your feet-all-day travel.  

We went to Versailles yesterday, which often felt like a human cattle car but with thousands of mobile phones taking bad pictures of things you could see better in the souvenir book. We fly through Philadelphia today and I'm concerned about the connecting time so we may or may not make it home tonight.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sure a well deserved sit down afterwards was well needed. That face is almost how I feel before I have my coffee each morning.