Thursday, December 8, 2022

REALITY IS SUBJECTIVE

I suppose that most educated people understand that neurology, psychology and philosophy have pretty much nailed down this idea. There are entertainments based on the premise, which will only get more sophisticated and disconcerting with time. This is another VR amusement at our Science Center. There are two rows of seats. Ellie and Mrs. C are in the front and I'm in the back flailing around with my camera. Ellie chose a simulation of a roller coaster-ish mine train careening through an arid landscape in the American west. 

It's been a difficult week, for reasons too complex to discuss here. I've been listening to the Mahler 6th really loud as I write this. It feels right. Maybe I'll have time to get out onto the street today.  

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

That'll play with your head.