Thursday, March 17, 2022

HALF OF ME

It's a tradition around here at big events to hang a big American flag from the ends of the fire department's longest cranes. There was one of those near the beginning of the parade route. I've never seen another kind of flag used, let alone that of another country. Here, near the end of the march, the Irish flag was on display. My heritage on my father's side is Irish, from County Clare in the west. We have visited the island several times and once spent a couple on nights in my great grandfather's farmhouse, then used as a simple tourist cottage. My mother's side is Polish. Never been there, have no known family there, but I love Chopin.           

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

A terrific shot!

At the annual national memorial service for fallen firefighters here, the same is done.