Tuesday, December 26, 2017

'Twas The Mid-Day Of Christmas


-->
“Twas the mid-day of Christmas and all through The Lou,
Not a salesman was pitching, as far as I knew.
The wine racks were filled with the utmost of care
With hope that Aunt Flo doesn’t spill everywhere.
The children were plugged into PlayStation 2
With sounds of big mortars and gunfire, too.
While mom in her tennies and my Cardinals cap
Had just finished picking up holiday wrap.

Etc. etc. It was awfully quiet around town yesterday. In fact, haven't heard it so quiet since last Christmas when we had thick fog. Here, the parking lot in front of Nordstrom in the St. Louis Galleria is dead empty.

Beginning to take some shots with Santa's best gift of all, a Fujifilm X-T2 camera. It's wonderful, half the size and weight of my Canon DSLR but it's going to take some time to get used to. I can't get in the habit of adjusting the f stop with a ring at the base of the lens. My brilliant teacher, Bobbi Lane shoots with one and, although she gets paid for it, I trust her.

5 comments:

s.c said...

Wish you the best with your new camera. I photograph now for 2 years with a pro-1 and a x-e2 and it are amazing camera's. Hope you like it too.

Sharon said...

I love your poem. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

Bill said...

I like your poem, very creative. You must have been really good this year, Santa brought a wonderful gift for you. Enjoy and have fun!

Jack said...

So, you are going lightweight! I have an embarrassing number of smaller cameras, but for me the options are still my Canon DSLR or occasionally my iPhone X. It will be interesting to learn how you like it once you have become more familiar with it.

William Kendall said...

That does tend to be a quiet day. The same happened here.