Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Monday Morning


Ellie on Christmas morning. My little friend got quite a haul. Green is her favorite color and her best gift was a new green bike with training wheels (she's ready for it) and a green bike helmet. When it gets warmer, there's gonna be action.

This is one of my first pictures with the Fujifilm X-T2. Its control and menu system is very different from my Canon DSLR and the transition will take some time. But it's so much lighter. I notice that the reds are truer than on my 5D Mk III, which tends to oversaturate them. I need a lot less sharpening and get somewhat less noise at high ISO. On the other hand, I wish it had simple M, Tv and Av exposure settings, to use Canon's terminology. You can do the same thing on the Fuji but it's less intuitive. And it seems to underexpose when the scene is on the dark side. Lots to learn.

4 comments:

s.c said...

What I love on the Fuji's set it on M and choose an ISO for what you think is alright. Then choose a shutter time and a diaphragm and change one of the two until the display shows you the picture you like the best. Very old technic but now with the results in view before you make the photo. I love it.

Sharon said...

I'm going to bet you will have fun learning the ropes.

William Kendall said...

She looks happy!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Cute, cute photo. Now will research the Fuji camera...