Monday, November 11, 2013

Why Not An All-Madeleine Monday?

Madeleine 2013-11-10 6 (hands)

Carolyn's brother Mel and his wife Pat passed through town yesterday on their way home to Kansas. (We'll be there for Thanksgiving.) They had to stop by Emily and Brian's house to see Madeleine. These pix were taken with an 85 mm prime lens with just window light, which turned out to be a bit cool. So I tried my first black and white images of my granddaughter.

The top one is definitely the winner, with Mel's huge, weathered farmer's hand next to her tiny, soft one. I think the fourth one shows a lot of personality, though - you're trying to sell me what?            

Madeleine 2013-11-10 3

Madeleine 2013-11-10 4

Madeleine 2013-11-10 2

Madeleine 2013-11-10 1

12 comments:

Jilly said...

And there I was expecting Proust's madeleines!

This Madaleine is far more beautiful! And so are your photos of her. Adorable.

I too love that 85 mm lens, Bob.

Kate said...

Looks like this sweet Madeleine is going to have a few adoring adults hanging around her. Great photos.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Your photographs do indeed capture her personality, and cause one to wonder about her thoughts.

Birdman said...

You're a photographer, BABY!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think an all Madeleine Monday sounds marvellous :) Gosh Bob there will never be any doubt that this little beauty is a Crowe, she has such a family resemblance Your first shot surely has to be framed oui..a good one to remember for future exhibitions..!

Norma said...

Why not, indeed?

The camera loves her--almost as much as the photographer does!

cieldequimper said...

Bonjour petite puce, tu es tellement mignonne !

William Kendall said...

That third shot in particular is priceless!

Jack said...

The first is a fine artistic statement, but the third photo is the one that tugs at my heartstrings.

Lynette said...

I knew when I read the title that we were in for a treat because I'd already seen some of these at Flickr. She is precious, Bob. I especially like that these are black and white.

TheChieftess said...

Ohhhh...she is a cutie!!! And I think she's got Grandpa figured out!!!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I like the pixie look of photo #4.