Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Patriotism Or Satire

VP Parade 1

It occurs to me that some of these shots from the Fourth of July Parade, particularly the first one, could go either way. I am an American but I consider myself human first.

Note the iconic Spirit of St. Louis airplane in the second photo. There is something about the postures of Elvis and his friend a couple of pictures down that bothers me.             
                            
VP Parade 11 (Spirit of St. Louis)

VP Parade 9

VP Parade 10

VP Parade 12

VP Parade 2

6 comments:

Oakland Daily Photo said...

The guy with the Jesus t-shirt doesn't know what he's wearing. I'm sure the image is supposed to be "that ol' rugged cross." Instead it looks like vampire killing stakes that Buffy used.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hahahahaha! and that's the only thing that bothers you Bob :)

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The size of the ring on Elvis' finger would make playing a guitar difficult, I would think.

William Kendall said...

I see a number of things about Elvis and his companion that seem, well, off...

I wasn't aware Doc the Dwarf marched with the Continental Army back in the day...

Stefan Jansson said...

Clowns don't scare me. I think Elvis has left the building. That guy in the red T-shirt scares me a bit though.

Gunn said...

II agree with Stefan.