Wednesday, October 15, 2008

STL DPB On The Road: Tokyo

.
Just a quick note. Thirteen hour plane ride and now we're here. Staying in the Asakusa district, with alleyways full of incomprehensible restaurants and tiny shops. It's about 21.00 here, ten time zones off home are we're ready to collapse. Much more to come.

TOMORROW: we're planning to spend much of the day in the Roppongi area. Pix sure to follow.

THURSDAY MORNING IN JAPAN: The view from our hotel room window, looking southwest toward the towers of Sinjuku.


5 comments:

Virginia said...

YOU are amazing. You never missed a beat. Yesterday from the Arch, today Japan. Love this shot. I get the feel of this place already. Bring it on!

Victor said...

I'm with Virginia. I'm amazed you've made this trip, made an interesting photo already and posted it no less. I see 9 people in the image and 4 of them are on bicycles, at night. I'm guessing Tokyo is a two-wheeled culture? Looking forward to your daily reports. Cheers!

PJ said...

I visited Japan many, many years ago and loved every minute of it. Nice Sky Watch Friday pic at the bottom. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

This city has sure changed since I was there in 1954. At that time, after the war, there were only a handful of taller buildings and none this tall. I think the tallest thing I saw was a greenhouse smoke stack.

Time changes everything.

Sharon said...

You must be pretty high up in that hotel. That is quite a view.