Thursday, October 22, 2015

Paint By Numbers

Grovefest 2015-10-03 21

It is a bit surprising but I'm seeing adult coloring books around these days. Hard to see the reason. Maybe people who never learned to draw want to make their own graphic novel.

The idea was extended at Grovefest. There are lots of wall paintings around the neighborhood. Someone put up the lines for a new one and filled in the spaces with color coded numbers. The public was invited to fill in the tones. Not very creative work but fun in its way and the result was pleasing.                

Grovefest 2015-10-03 22

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

I think that sort of thing would appeal to the kid in all of us!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh that's taking the colouring book thing a massive step further Bob.. I like that idea a lot.. depending on what the image is :)

Jack said...

I have read about adult coloring books, but so far I have not seen any. Love these two portraits, especially the second one.

AsAeenBySusan said...

What a cool idea. I'm going to see if I can get Walla Walla to do something similar. What fun it would be!

Stefan Jansson said...

There was something on the telly about that over here a while back, people seemed very interested in painting by numbers. Good for them I guess.