Saturday, January 25, 2014

Music Students In Liberia

Liberia Music Students 2

Liberia is the provincial capital of Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The international airport is there. The center of town has an old fort that is currently being used a a music school for the equivalent of junior high and high school students.

I asked our guide if the students would let me take some pictures. All of them were delighted to get in front of the lens. Some lovely candid portraits were the result. 

There are many more to edit. I have some kind of Tico tummy bug and spent most of yesterday in bed, now sleeping, now editing. Hope to get more done on the plane today.

Liberia Music Students 5

Liberia Music Students 10\\

10 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

What a great discovery by you. I will have to check this place out.

I guess this illustrates the difference between you going to Tamarindo on vacation to stay in our condo and me going to Tamarindo to check up on our condos. When I go to Liberia, instead of the music school, I stop at the appliance store, home furnishing stores, and whatever else we might need for the condos.

Kate said...

Wonderful portraits of these serious music students!

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful portraits Bob. I hope you feel better soon.

Birdman said...

Pretty intense faces on parade here.

William Kendall said...

Excellent portraits, Bob. The concentration in the third shot really makes the picture work so well.

Sharon said...

Beautiful portraits.

Virginia said...

Priceless portraits.
V

TheChieftess said...

Love that top shot!!!

Stefan Jansson said...

This sounds like a photo shoot that everyone involved really enjoyed. And the result is very good.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Wonderful portraits and great policy !

I hope you got rid of your tummy bug and feel great now.